Friday, February 6, 2009

Poison Control


Yes, we had to call Poison Control for the first time last night. For some reason our dishwasher doesn't always rinse all of the soap away and it'll leave a hard chunk of soap in the lid. Well, I was running around getting ready for RyLee's Parent Teacher Conference and when I walked back into the kitchen the dishwasher was open. Austin was coughing and vomited right there. He pointed to the dishwasher and that's when I knew what he had done.

I pulled out he container and read the warning - 'WARNING - KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN' (which technically it is if the dishwasher worked right) If ingested drink water or milk and call physician immediately.' At first I thought well, he puked, he should be fine but then the what if's started going through my head. So I called the Dr's office but they weren't in for another 10 minutes for their Urgent Care so I called Poison Control. Kudos to the man on the other end of the phone for keeping me calm. He just said to give him 4 oz of milk and not to let him eat for 45 minutes and to wash his hands and mouth so he wouldn't get any skin irritation from the soap. Then they called back an hour later asking how he was doing and he was just fine. He said that any major symptoms would have been visible by now and that he'd be just fine.

Not too dramatic but kind of scary that's for sure. Chalk that up to him being a boy I guess!

1 comment:

  1. Scary! Knock on wood, we haven't had to do that, but not everyone is "big" enough:) Glad that he is good. Hope RyLee and jar had a blast @ the daddy/daughter date. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete